When you come back from a mission’s trip it is good to ask yourself some questions. It is good to talk to others about what God has taught you. With that in mind I am going to list several questions over the next few days that you might consider. Put them in your notebook. Leave space to answer them. Gather your thoughts and learn all that you can!
Debriefing questions from a mission’s trip
- What lessons did you learn: Spiritual, About leadership, About the ministry, About cross cultural living, About interpersonal relationships, About family/marriage
- Think about the hurts & praises that you experienced. Work through them so that you will be able to thank the Lord for them. Think of both your hurts and praises and then address any lies that might have attached themselves to your thoughts. Ensure that we have fully forgiven. Look at areas where we did not see breakthrough and ask the Lord for insight
- What were the high points and the low points?
- Who or what most encouraged you on the trip?
- Did you accomplish your goals?
- What did God do?
- What stories can you share?
- What part of the trip did you like best?
- Describe some of the relationships you made.
- What did you find most challenging?
- Were you well prepared? What else could you have done?
- How would you rate the unity in your team?
- How are you doing physically?
- How are you doing emotionally?
- How are you doing spiritually?
- Did anything disappoint you about yourself?
- What surprised you about the culture?
- What ministry skills did you sharpen?
- Did you find fulfillment in your ministry time?
- What did you learn about ministry?
- Did you see God answer any prayers in your ministry time?
- What’s the next step for you in life?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next year?
- What is your plan to get there?
- What changes do you want to make to your life?
- Are there any relationships you need to change?
- How will you change them?
- What concerns do you have as you go back home?
- Who can help you keep the flame alive back home?
- What ministry will you continue to do in the community?
- What can you do to go to the next level spiritually?
- Who will you reach out and minister to?
- Did you lie in answering any of the previous questions?
I wish that I could give credit for where I found this list of questions but do not remember. If you know who give me the data and I will give credit where credit is due!
Check out bcwe.org