Pro 24:9 The _______ of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men. Summarize 2Co 10:3-5
The Flesh (the reigning champion)
- The flesh fights to take control of the mind because it must be satisfied.
- It fights to win authority over your mind in order to preserve itself and claim its rights over you.
- Satan reinforces the battle by sending influences and shaping the world around you.
Tactic #1: Appetite
Tactic #2: Feeling of Discontentment
Tactic #3: Pride and Self-Preservation
Tactic #4: Oppression (Sadness, Guilt, Depression)
Tactic #5: Laziness and Forgetfulness The Spirit
- The spirit fights to take control of the mind because it needs fellowship with God
- It fights to allow clear passage for the Spirit of God into your life.
- It fights to overpower the visions of the flesh with the visions of the Spirit.
- Satan is powerless when these messages come through clearly, so his objective is to jumble them up.
Strategy #1: Yearning / _________ for God (Ps 42:1)
Strategy #2: Provoking the Mind to Consider _________ (Proverbs 1:20)
Strategy #3: The ______ of the Spirit – (Gal 5:22-23) love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control Training is needed_____________Proverbs 23:7a, “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.”
Isaiah 26:3, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” We have someone in our cornerI Corinthians 2:16Isn’t it exciting to realize that you can hold the thoughts, feelings, and purposes of God’s very own heart in your heart? I Corinthians 6:17God wants you in this harmony with Him so that His thoughts can become your actions.
Contributed by: Students of Vision’s Student Pastor Trent