You may have seen the title and thought, “Czechia? I have never heard of that country in my life.” Well, you may know it by another name which is the Czech Republic, but it is actually referred to and known as Czechia. You may not know much about Czechia but hopefully, as you read this article, you will find our more. Before becoming the Czech Republic it was Czechoslovakia, but in 1993 Slovakia and the Czech Republic split peacefully and since 2016 it has been known as Czechia.
What is sad about Czechia is it is a very irreligious country, with about a third of the population claiming to be atheist and many others not declaring a religion or saying there are irreligious. Only about 19% of the population would even believe there is a God. What is sad about this is it is the place where the Moravians began. The Moravians were a group of Christians that took getting the Gospel to the world seriously and sent men and women all around the world to share the Gospel. Today there is little to no remnant of true Christianity in the country. There is a great need for church planters and churches to be planted and men to be trained in Czechia. Will you join us in praying for Czechia to be reached with the Gospel in this generation? Will you consider giving your life to take the Gospel to the country of Czechia?
Here are some facts about Czechia:
Population: 10.7 million
Capital and Largest City: Prague (2.7 million people)
- Czechia is home to the most castles in all of Europe, with over 2000 castles.
- It is also home to the largest castle in all of Europe, the Prague castle.
- One of people’s favorite past times is hunting mushrooms and then cooking and eating them.
- It is home to the oldest university in the world. The Charles University was founded in 1348 and is still open today.
- Close to 90% of the population have some form of college education, making it a well educated country.
Join us in praying for Czechia to be reached with the Gospel!